We are looking for a LTE/5G Air interface and Call Processing Network Architect to join our communication systems team. You will be a key contributor as a product systems engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D and product validation. The objective is to understand and implement, hardware and software, the 3GPP protocols layers and integrate them on a satellite network architecture.
In this role you will be expected to act as 4G/5G subject matter expert, providing necessary technical and knowledge to architect the solution and support to colleagues, as well as, customers within the communication architecture and delivery activities. You will have a chance to redefine the 4G/5G architecture and identify suppliers who can meet requirements.
• Must have: Strong understanding of the 3GPP / Ethernet specification and how is implemented on the different layers. Understanding of the Layer1 modification to support RF communication and laser comms based on the link quality. On Layer 2, what modifications are needed to include the satellite data link layer and on Layer 3 modifications needed for IPv4 and IPv6.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for development of the architecture and identifying the simulation tools, modems and modules to build up the communications architecture. In addition to testing the hardware, perform product validation, systems and performance analysis, customer review sessions for LTE RAN products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
• Strong understanding of Ethernet, 4G/5G modules that can function as mobile Terminals and Network Ground Station Terminals.
• Analyzing the module/modems, feature requirements, converting them into system simulations and test cases, execution to ensure product meets our needs.
• Solid knowledge of the wireless communication systems and principles related to 4G/5G, Ethernet, LTE, NR and Radio Access layers PHY / MAC / TCPIP / RLC / RRC
• Experience of standardization working groups
• Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
• Educate the team and communicate when new products and services are known.
• Works closely with other members of the team to implement and execute hardware and software developments.
• Understanding on Ethernet /LTE concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, modulation, OFDM, multi-carrier operation, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO.
• Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience to fill in the gaps, in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts Background/Experience required:
• Experience with ongoing 3GPP / Ethernet Rel activities is beneficial
• Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting
• Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
• Understanding of IOT technologies including eMTC, NB-IOT.
• Experience with SW development and GNU radio is beneficial
• Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
• Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
Telecom, Ercisson, Nokia, Qualcomm, Quectel, Broadcomm, Intel, Xylinx,
Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 10-12 years of directly related experience is required.
A Masters with 10+ years’ experience is preferred
Bachelor’s Degree is EE/CS is required
Ability to travel sporadically during the project
- Unique opportunity to contribute directly to the future of the space industry
- Great startup environment with a fabulous network of investors and partners
- Positive company culture, empowerment, short lines of communication, visionary leadership
- Multinational team from diverse industry verticals
- Based in the heart of Munich with flexible work hours and hybrid work options
- Choose your own laptop, mobile phone and desk setup
- Competitive salary
We strongly believe in the power of diverse teams. We think that innovation is born through interaction and exchange of empowered people with different backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If this seems like the ideal challenge for you, take action today and become a member of the company that's making a difference in the world!
Apply now and join us on our mission to create positive impact. Important Note
: The position being advertised is restricted to individuals who are eligible to work within the European Union. This is due to the legal and practical considerations involved in employing individuals who may not have the appropriate work permits or visas to work in the EU. Therefore, only candidates who are currently authorized to work in the EU will be considered for this role. Proof of eligibility to work in the EU may be required during the recruitment process.